"The present publication `Empowering Women through Micro Finance' has explored
various aspects of empowerment and the role played by micro Finance in empowering women.
The inability of the existing credit structure to cater the credit needs of poor
especially women on the grounds of high transaction costs and problems of recovery, led to
the innovation of Microfinance. Microfinance has emerged as a viable alternative to reach
the hitherto unreached for their social and economic empowerment. The book throws light on
the present conditions of empowerment of women based on empirical study and the role
played by Micro Finance. This will definitely help in designing better polices and
programmes for empowerment of women."
2. Review of Literature
3. Trends in Indebtedness
4. Socio-Economic Profile of the Study Area and Sample Respondents
5. Factors Determining Borrowing and Indebtedness
6. Microfinanace Repayment Performance of Borrowers
7. Empowering Women through Self-Help Groups
8. Conclusions and Policy Suggestions