"The essence of Human Resource Development is education, which plays a significant
and remedial role in balancing the socio-economic fabric of the country.
This book `Education and Human Resource Development: Public Policy and Governance in
India' incorporates the original texts, in varbatim, of a select national government
policies and programmes of India. It contains legislative measures and national programmes
towards creating a better India enacted in the field of Human Resource Development.
For the first time, to fulfill the long-felt need of the students, researchers,
policy-planners, civil servants/administrators etc., this book is being brought out as a
ready reference material, to be used alongwith the existing textbooks on Public Policy and
Education - Essence of HRD
Government of India - National Policy Declarations, Acts, National Programmes etc.
1. Human Resource Development in India
1. National Education Policy, 1968
2. National Education Policy, 1986 (revised in 1992)
3. Ther Right to Education Act, 2009
4. Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan
5. National Mission on Education through ICT
2. Globalization and Education
6. The National Accreditation Regulatory Authority for Higher Educational Institutions
7. The Educational Tribunals Bill, 2010
8. The Prohibition of Unfair Practices in Technical Educational Institutions, Medical
Educational Institutions and Universities Bill, 2010
9. The Foreign Educational Institutional (Regulation of Entry and Operations) Bill,
10. National Intellectual Property Rights Policy, 2016 "Creative India -